sábado, 28 de maio de 2011

Echo, Echo, Echo...

I found myself thinking on the word Echo... Echo, Echo, Echo... Meaning: Echo is when you can hear a voice coming back; the persistence of a sound after its source stopped. Those were the two meanings that stayed with me when searching for this four letters word. In order to constantly  hear an echo we have to keep repeting what we want to communicate so it can travel in space... It´s fascinating how we can repeat a simple and innocent ideia (or not) and suddenly the proportion of that idea becomes bigger than ourselfs. Well, the ideia of the word Echo made me approach other words like Persistence and Beliefs. Sometimes we take words for granted, and we completely forget the true meaning and when we get to the stage of feeling each letter of the word, it´s like an enlightment moment. Tears of pain or joy can run from our eyes. Recalling when I was at the acting school, giving meaning to words was so hard and at the same time painfull, every shakespearean word was unconfidently expressed. I remembered thinking to myself :"These words are bigger than me!" I was about 18 years old when I was given such responsability. I guess when we are teenagers we like to think that we are already grown up and that we have to take things seriously... Hahahahahahahaha!!! Well, guess what? I forgot to enjoy the words!
Echo the words, so one day they can be enjoyable.

 Three religious pictures that I took when I went to a mass at the Basilic in Fátima Sanctuary,Portugal. The power and the colours of this three images echoed in my mind.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário